Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Girl with a Dragon tattoo

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Millennium, #1)The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson


My rating: 3 of 5 stars


I know this book was HUGE. Everyone has been reading it and recommending it. So much so that I took a break from reading all the teen book I have for work. It was something different.




I will say the mystery element had me second guessing myself all the way through the book. I read quite a few and usually guess the bad guy or the twist. While I did suspect parts of this plot early in the book, the author had be second guessing myself so much that I was loath to put the book down even when I was sure I didn't like the book.




While I loved the mystery element, I was annoyed by the ending of the personal part of the story. It just felt unnecessarily bleak to me. Overall, a good read though many American readers may find the style a bit formal and the start a bit slow. It's a style that I seem to see in more European books....though I will admit that I tend not to read much literary fiction for adults from American authors.




View all my reviews

No comments: